Child Obesity

0 comments

It seems our lovely Govt. is at it again. If you haven't hear the latest news today you might want to check this out. It would appear that the FCC has deemed it their obligation to correct our kids. They claim that the "Evil" Advertisers are the ones to blame for the epidemic that is sweeping the nation. ( I admit that phrase is a little overused.)

Yes, our kids are a little overweight. Hey look in the mirror. There are a lot of us adults that could lose a little weight. Now here is a thought.

  • Kids aren't supposed to work until they are 16.
  • Mom and/or Dad (PC) are obliged to provide for said children for 16-18 yrs.
  • Mom and/or Dad are the one(s) who earn a living and have financial funds.
  • Kids don't drive until they are 16.
  • Who is it that is buying/paying/shopping for the groceries?

You have probably already guessed it, It's YOU and I. So maybe, just maybe, we are the responsible party. I know it sounds like heresy. However it just might, maybe mind you, be the truth.

I know I am the one to blame in my household. I am also the one who is currently in the process of making things right. We have really cut back on the goodies. "No we don't need ice cream" every time we go to the store. "Yes you do need to eat your vegetables."

So do I really want the FCC taking this responsibility and therefore increasing my cost of goods?

No I don't think so. Thank you very much.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world," -Ghandi

No comments: