Sweet 16 Party ?!?

0 comments

Wow! I can't believe it is almost here. My daughter is turning 16 next month. It seems like just the other day she was born. In fact I can remember when the doctors told us, after the ultrasound, that we were going to have a little girl. Within 12 hours we had a baby. I say this with permission from my wife. She did all the work. Still that was a blink away.

Where did the years go? What happened to all of our dreams and plans? Why does it matter? I seem to notice that the most important things in life are not the most pressing. However, is that really the way it is supposed to be? I have made the error of neglecting the valuable in favor of the "squeaky" wheel.

Have you had this stumbling block in your path? What steps have you taken to make the most important "thing" be the "most important thing?"

It does take a bit of effort. "Prioritizing" doesn't come naturally until we have developed that skill. It takes some consistent energy and determination.

No comments: