Are you fit to Live?

0 comments

"If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Just coming off the holiday, I thought it approriate to quote the Man of human rights. Funny thing, I couldn't remember if the Martin Luther King holiday was a paid holdiay. So I asked and was told,"We get presidents day off, we don't however recognize human rights!"

 Have you discovered what you would be willing to fight for, up to the point of loss of blood, to loss of life?  What is your passion? What is it that makes you want to get up every morning? Is it a loved one, child or spouse? Is it an idea?

Me? I am not sure. I have tried to ponder this and come up with what it is I am most passionate about. I know I could die for my wife and children. I would be willing to give up my life in defense of country. At least I think so, I haven't had to make that decision so I don't know. On the other hand my family, I have already decided that. So I guess it is my family that is my "something".   

No comments: