That's what my 3 yr old told me today. We were just about home and one of our neighbors, a lady, was out walking in the dark.

"She shouldn't be walking alone, There are bad guys out and about, " I said.

I am kind of glad that he hasn't had a run in with "Bad" guys. As a parent I would like to protect him, but I don't want to shelter him either. I hope I can prepare him for whatever comes his way. It was only a few days ago we remembered the tragic events of 9/11 and the great courage and determination Americans showed in response to the brutality brought upon the innocent.

Where will he be in a couple of decades? Will he be out there in the concrete jungle fighting to preserve my freedom? I wonder sometimes what state the world will be in when he has grown. I hope and pray that he will get the opportunity to raise a family as I have. To have the joy of having a son run to the door when you get home is wonderful and fulfilling. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: